19th September 2017
TEPCO Energy Partner, Inc.
ICMG Co., Ltd.
TEPCO i-FRONTIERS has been launched, specialising in business incubation to inaugurate a new era
Tokyo Electric Power Company Energy Partner, Inc., (TEPCO EP) and ICMG Co., Ltd. (ICMG) announce the establishment of a new joint venture (JV), TEPCO i-FRONTIERS, to trigger acceleration in business incubation. New products and services coming out of TEPCO i-FRONTIERS will be sold under TEPCO EP.
Creating a business eco-system:
This JV will enable TEPCO EP to roll out products and services which cater for diverse customer lifestyles. TEPCO EP continuously develops new products and services, as well as their electricity and gas service, to offer a better quality of life to over 20 million households. Alongside internal development, TEPCO EP seeks to work closely with external business partners to set out services.
ICMG is a Japanese strategic consultancy firm, proposing cutting-edge solutions for clients. With its connection to an extensive network of startups and ventures in Japan, Singapore and Silicon Valley, ICMG has continued working with TEPCO EP as a business partner. Not only does ICMG provide valuable insights into client issues, the business also assists as a bridge for leading overseas companies to tap into the Japanese market.
To strengthen the two parties’ potentials, both agreed on launching a joint venture for outstanding business development:
The core value of the JV lies in open networking of individual and collective knowledge of local and global sectors, entrepreneurs, businesses and academia. The new entity covers from idea generation to actual product launch, which entails ideation, concept definition and test marketing in the process. Having an open mind, the JV will take in potential products and services that are already on sale but not recognised in the market, as well as elaborate early-stage business ideas.
TEPCO i-FRONTIERS is keen to hold networking events to facilitate open innovation, hereby announcing its first event on the 11th of October 2017. This is an open call for the attendance of entrepreneurs, businesses and research institutions alike. For more information, visit http://www.tepco-if.com/.
The JV’s focus in Asia is firmly placed on 1) launching new businesses, 2) expanding smart home consumer services and 3) energy businesses:
To this end, TEPCO i-FRONTIERS openly welcomes potential business partners as follows:
Partners determined to bring innovation into the energy industry in all phases of its development, transmission and sales,
Partners able to reconstruct the energy industry based on consumer insights,
Partners aiming to tap into smart home and consumer services, and
Partners keen to collaborate with Japanese companies with advanced knowledge and skills to penetrate the whole Asian market
Note for Editors:
- Business eco-system (in reference to a biological eco-system): a framework of synergistic relationships between different business specialties and sectors, carrying potential for innovation.
About TEPCO i-FRONTIERS, INC.
- Set up in 2017, TEPCO i-FRONTIERS has been embarking on a journey, searching for smart home products and services. The business will form partnerships, providing consultation for human and service development as appropriate.
About TEPCO EP, Inc.
- Established in 2015 as a subsidiary to TEPCO, TEPCO EP is responsible for retailing electricity and gas.
About ICMG, Inc.
- Since its launch in 2000, ICMG has provided strategic consulting services for business. With focus on innovation growing, ICMG is expanding its consultation to form a business eco-system.
- Mr. Yusuke Tsuji
- TEPCO i-FRONTIERS, INC.
- 6 Temasek Boulevard, #42-02, Suntec Tower 4, Singapore
- Tel: +65 9880 4072
- Website: http://www.tepco-if.com/